The National Centre collects, catalogues and spreads documentation concerning children and adolescents.
The Centre selects and catalogues paper and electronic documentation of several types: bibliographic materials, rules and regulations, statistics, films, projects.
The documentation is published through specific catalogues and databases:
- Single catalogue
- Databases concerning Law no. 285/97 (first and second three-year periods)
- Database of the projects of Beneficiary Cities
- Data base on foster care
In order to support the analysis, research and monitoring activities and to facilitate access to documents, other services have been created in the framework of the documentation activity:
- a basic and specialist reference service
- elaboration of bibliographic searches, always updated, and thematic reviews
- a loan and copy delivery service
- remote access to electronic journals (for authorized users)
The basic reference, access and loan services are run by the Biblioteca Innocenti Library "Alfredo Carlo Moro", which was created in 2001 following a collaboration project between the Istituto degli Innocenti of Florence and the UNICEF Office of Research.